Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm still alive

For those lucky few who still have this site tucked away in a bookmark or rss reader somewhere, I am still alive and kicking.  As you may or may not know (I can't find a post where I told you, so probably not) I left the service industry in December of 2010 to focus on my career.

As I do not really want to do away with this blog, I think this will turn into a restaurant rant and review site.  I do still actively support the service industry in my home town, and have not forgotten the bullshit we you guys go through.  As part of this, imprinting, I still feel the need to educate people on how to behave and treat their server.  You guys go through hell and back to make sure our every need is met.  The least we can do is compensate accordingly.  I have said time and time again I will not tip below 20% unless the service just sucked...and that's after I have taken into account the level of volume the restaurant is coping with.

In any event, I have not left this blog, nor will I in the foreseeable future.  I invite you to read some of the stories your brethren share on their blogs during my absence.  The stories are real, and I'm sure every one of you who read this blog can relate to them as well.

And in the event I ever end up back in the service industry, even for a random gig here and there, rest assured there will probably be a story here...obviously more if I return full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment