Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oh, how things stay the same...

Well, today was the first day I was following someone.  My trainer was literally me at the other place.  Laid back, to the point, and not trying to dilly daddle on pointless bs.  Yes, the faces are different, the clientel is better, and the tickets are higher, but we still have the same people.


From incompetent hostesses, to the obnoxious freaky little dude, the people are the same.  Someone once said that when you start a new job, you take a little bit of the old place with you.  I suppose this may be due to perception, but I believe it to be true.

Tonight, from what I understand, was a relatively slow night.  We only had 4 tables this evening, but the rotation -- if you want to call it that -- allowed us to have a consistent flow of business.  The main difference between the new gig and the old was the quality of the customers, and thus the tipflow.  When all was said and done, my trainer walked with about $85...from four tables.  And to be honest, they were kinda cheap at that.  The same amount of tables at the old place would have netted someone maybe $30 if they were lucky.

Do I think I will be happy here at the new place?  In time, yes.  However, right now the change is unnerving.  Like I said in a previous post, going from the top to the bottom is a scary thing.  But when a little perseverance, calm nerves, and hard work, this gig will work out quite nicely.

More to come soon.